Eminent Shakespearean scholars Jonathan Bate and Eric Rasmussen provide a fresh new edition of this popular comedy of love, laughter and merriment.
This volume also includes more than a hundred pages of exclusive features:
- An original introduction to The Merry Wives of Windsor
- Incisive scene-by-scene synopsis and analysis with vital facts about the work
- Commentary on past and current productions based on interviews with leading directors, actors and designers
- Photographs of key RSC productions
- An overview of Shakespeare's theatrical career and chronology of his plays
Ideal for students, theater professionals, and general readers, these modern and accessible editions from the Royal Shakespeare Company set a new standard in Shakespearean literature for the twenty-first century.